I am published in the Washington Independent Review of Books.
- Silent Book Club: Events for (Noisy!) Book Lovers (July 15, 2019) This was the fourth most popular article in July, as stated in this article.
I write articles for the Silent Book Club blog. View them all on one page.
- The Pandemic and My Local Library (November 23, 2020)
- Epidemics, Plagues, and Isolation (March 26, 2020)
- How to Organize and Host a Book Club (July 15, 2019)
- Where Have You Been All My Life? (May 12, 2019)
- The Timelessness of Books (March 28, 2019)
- How Many Books Do You Need? (February 17, 2019)
- New Year’s Book Solutions (January 5, 2019)
Works Not Yet Published
I have written books that are not yet published.
- Two Novembers: A Memoir of Love ’n’ Sex in Sonnets (17,000 words; 155 sonnets)
- The Water-Creatures: A Literary/Historical Novel (86,000 words) This is book 1 in a series called the Songbird Cycle.
I am published in Beltway Poetry Quarterly.
I won an award given by the Pirate’s Alley Faulkner Society.
- William Faulkner–Wisdom Creative Writing Competition, Novel-in-Progress (2016) I was recognized as a Semi-Finalist for my novel The Water-Creatures.
Works in Progress
The following works are in progress. Stay tuned!
- A Memoir: I am researching and writing a memoir.
- Books 2, 3, and 4 in the Songbird Cycle: Literary/Historical Novels (approx. 80,000-100,000 words each) There are four books in the series that begins with The Water-Creatures. Books 2, 3, and 4 are written, but not yet polished.