I’m excited to announce the second contest of this blog! Enter by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, March 15 to win exciting prizes!
As many of you know, I have spent the past 15 years writing, editing, and polishing two books, and I’d love to get them published. But I need your help. One of the best ways you can help me realize my dream is by sharing my writing with your friends. I appreciate your support, and I hope you find my blog and other writings enjoyable, interesting, and informative. Will you help me spread the word? I would be very much honored to receive your help.
If You Refer 1 Friend:
You will receive an advance copy of my upcoming article “Books to Read Before You Die”—months before it is made available to the public!
If You Refer 2 Friends:
You will receive the prize for referring 1 friend, PLUS a coupon to Bards Alley, an indie bookstore and wine bar in Vienna, Virginia. This is one of my favorite places in the D.C. area. If you haven’t been there, it’s definitely worth checking out. Their selection of books is impeccable, and the atmosphere is peaceful, quaint, and fun. Save money while supporting an independent bookseller!
If You Refer 3 Friends:
You will receive the prize for referring 1 friend and the prize for referring 2 friends, PLUS you will be featured in an upcoming story about the inquisitive one!*
Official Contest Rules
- The contest starts now—Friday, March 1, 2019, at 8:00am EST (UTC−05:00)—and ends on Friday, March 15, 2019, at 11:59pm EDT (UTC−04:00). Your friend(s) must subscribe to the newsletter during this time period. You must also enter the contest during this time period. Subscriptions and entries outside of this time period will not count toward the contest. The exact time for purposes of this contest is determined by the timestamp on this website.
- Subscribing to the newsletter is a two-step process. First, your friend(s) must fill in the form on the Subscribe to the Newsletter page. Second, they must confirm their subscription by clicking the link in the email they will receive. Only if your friend(s) complete both steps will your contest entry count.
- Yes, you can refer yourself! However, this only applies to those not already subscribed. You may not unsubscribe and then resubscribe for a contest entry (c’mon, really?!).
- Your friend(s) may also not unsubscribe and then resubscribe for your contest entry (people, let’s be serious!!).
- It’s okay to refer a “friend” who is not strictly your friend—for example, your significant other, family member, neighbor, dental hygienist, seatmate on the train, worst enemy, etc.
- I, Liza Achilles, will be the sole judge as to which entries are counted and which prizes are awarded. Failure to comply with the rules, as judged by me, will result in disqualification.
How to Enter the Contest
First, tell your friends to visit https://lizaachilles.com/newsletter/, fill in the form, and confirm their subscription by clicking the link in an email they will receive.
Second, enter the contest here.
Good luck, and thanks again for your support!
*Props and thanks to the peerless J.B. for coming up with this idea.